I cannot believe that it’s already October, summer has passed so fast and now autumn is everywhere. But that’s nothing negative, quite the contrary, as now the season has come where it’s totally legit to spend the whole Sunday afternoons at home, on the sofa, with a hot chocolate in the one hand and the newest cooking book in the other hand. And today I unfortunately do not have the recipe for our all loved „Pumpkin spiced Latte“ (everybody seems obsessed with this drink in autumn) but I have got something better: a homemade vegetarian Pumpkin-Lasagne.
Believe me or not, this Lasagne is the best Veggie-Lasagne you’ll ever try. Its so easy to make and you don’t even need many ingredients, just some time for when you put the dish into the oven. But meanwhile you can do many other things like spending time with your loved ones or caving smiley faces into pumpkins 🙂 Anyway, when you are going to sit in front of your dinner plate, with a piece of delicious, steaming Pumpkin-Lasagne on it, you will realize how effortless and easy it was to prepare this dish.
I have to admit that this recipe belongs to my favourite „Everyday-cooking-recipes“ as nearly everybody loves it and always asks for another serving. Even kids, who do not like veggies, eat this Lasagne with joy and without complaining.
Ingredient fro 6 servings:
- 1,5kg (Butternut)Squash
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red chili pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 400g canned tomatoes (whole, in their own juice))
- 200g spinach (fres)
- 60g grated cheese
- 200-300g lasagne sheets
- 400g cottage cheese
- 100ml low-fat milk
And that’s the way you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (top/bottom heat) and prepare two large baking trays with either some olive oil or some baking paper. Afterwards divide the pumpkin in the middle and cut the halves into 1 cm thick, crescent-shaped slices, which are put on the prepared baking trays and sprinkled with some sea salt and pepper. Then the pumpkin slices have to beaked for about 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the tomato sauce, therefore peel and dice the garlic into little cubes, remove the cores out of the chili pepper and slice it before roasting them together in a pot with some olive oil. Approximately 3 minutes later add the balsamic vinegar and the canned tomatoes, carefully mash the tomatoes with the cooking spoon and pour 200ml of water into the sauce before you let it cook for about 20 minutes.
- After the sauce has been made and pumpkin has already been cooked, its time to make the actual lasagne. Firstly, pour one third of the sauce into your 25x30cm casserole, then cover the sauce with some spinach leaves and add a layer of roasted pumpkin. Secondly, sprinkle with cheese and create another layer of lasagne sheets. Continue after this instruction for the next two layer and end with a lasagna sheet layer.
- For the top layer mix the cottage cheese with the milk in a spare bowl, pour the mixture over lasagne and topp with the remaining cheese. Bake for 45 minutes.