„Its that time of year I treasure…the time for giving, the best part of living…to celebrate with friends we hold so dear…well, I can feel it in the air…all bundled heat-to-toe…too cold to bear, its the best time of the year…“
Can you believe it? Christmas-Season has finally started and I have already listened to „All I want for Christmas“, „Last Christmas“ and my current favorite „The more you give“ like a thousand times. I am in such a festive mood and couldn’t resist baking my first tray of Christmas cookies – to be honest: the best thing I could have possibly done on a rainy Sunday morning in December.
People who are close to me, know that in my life there is nothing more important than Christmas. I start counting the days left until Christmas in January and always annoy my friends with my Christmas spirit. In my opinion there is nothing better than Christmas, do you agree?
In my family we have that tradition that the child (so me) is baking cookies before Christmas Eve and on Christmas Eve we leave some of them and a glass of milk in front of the door so that Santa can have a little snack on his long way when he brings the presents to everyone (no, we are not Americans). Even though I am not 10 years old anymore (unfortunately) we keep this tradition and I love it.
The reason I am telling you this is because the cookies I baked last weekend are the best cookies Santa could wish for. Friends told me that they taste like the ones from Subway and Mac Starbucks, so I promise you the will blow up your mind. Plus they are super-douper-easy to make and your kids will love helping you baking them. I swear – on the holy Christmas spirit (you see, I am pretty serious about those cookies).
Santas favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients for 30 cookies:
- 125g butter
- 200g white sugar
- 200g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200g chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 300g plain flour
And thats the way you do it:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, pour into a bowl and add the eggs, (white and brown) sugar and beat with a fork until mixed thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate chips. Measure baking soda and flour into a sieve placed over the bowl; shake them into the bowl and mix everything together.
- Form little walnut-sized balls from the dough (I usually put 12 on one tray) and gently flatten to about 1 cm thick.
- Bake the cookies just below the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes until their golden-brown. After you put them out of the oven, place them onto a cooling rank. When cookies are cold, store them in an airtight container/jar.
So this was it, a pretty easy but delight recipe for my favorite chocolate chips cookies (CCC). All thats left is wishing you a wonderful week with hopefully lots o delicious Christmas cookies – because remember: Cookies make the world a better place (in case you don’t believe me, just ask the Cookie Monster)
Lots of love, Julia