Do you already have spring fever or do you need a little, lovely lemon cake (wow that alliteration) to boost up your spring emotions? I wouldn’t mind the cake so come on and lets get right into baking and make the very best lemon slices to share them and spread the happy, colorful spring vibes. Does this sound good to you? I mean then we would literally be messengers of spring 😉
But before we can start baking I have to tell you about Eva, her Birthday and her awesome blog madamedessert, don’t worry lots of her recipes you can find in English so you won’t have any problems translating them. Anyway Eva is turning sweet 30 soon and this upcoming event caused her to ask some of her fave bloggers to create or share recipes, tutorials, freebies… She also asked me, what eased me a lot and made me feel very proud and thats basically the reason behind this little lemon cake, which I baked for her and her blog-event. Also we (Eva and me) noticed that the cake fits perfectly to her pink decoration, which you can see in the banner below. I just want to encourage you to have a look at Evas Blog and click trough her delicious recipes 🙂 I promise you wont regret it.
Okay no more talking now, I bet you are quite excited (or at least I hope so) to get the recipe and directly start baking. Additionally preparing this cake won’t take much time and effort, as well you won’t even need anything chemical like baking powder. So have fun preparing your chemical-free lemon cake.
Lemon cake with raspberry sprinkles
Ingredients (for a 30×40 baking tray):
- 500g soft butter
- 400g flour
- 3 organic lemons
- 500g sugar
- 8 eggs
- 100g cornflour
- 20g rasberries (frozen)
- 250g icing sugar
- 50g desiccated coconut
- pinch of salt
Thats the way you do it:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C two-sided heat ( or 160°C fan) then line your baking tray with some baking paper. Afterwards wash the lemons, grate the lemon zest and squeeze them out (you need approximately 250 ml).
- Mix the butter, sugar and salt for about 10 minutes with a blender until you have a lightly, creamy mixture, then add each egg separated and stir until its a smooth dough.
- Now you have to mix and shiver the flour with the cornflour and add half of to the dough. Get the lemon juice (not all of it cause you will need 5 tablespoons of it for the icing later ) and pour it into the dough as well, stir in well and add the rest of the flour. Spread out the dough onto the prepared try and bake your about 25 minutes, put the cake out of the oven and let cool down.
- Finally its time to prepare the colorful sprinkles, therefore thaw the raspberries and blend them with the desiccated coconut.
- For the icing mix the leftover lemon juice with the icing sugar until its well combined and pour the icing over the cake. The last thing that needs to be done is the decoration part, where you can be as creative as you want in throwing the raspberry-coco-sprinkles on top of the icing. Ready 😉
I hope I haven’t promised too much but in my opinion this cake is easy as and totally tastes like spring and summer. All of m my lovely and kind tasters were amazed by this cake and can just strongly recommend to back this cake whenever you need a divine flat cake, its perfectly for any kind of kids birthdays.
Hope you enjoyed the recipe and come back soon 🙂
Lots of love Julia